How to book your Yacht Charter step by step.
Booking Procedures Special Fleet
Please inform us of the following:
1) Charter period? (Our Charters go on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday)
2) The area you wish to sail in? (if you don’t specify an area we will quote you from our main base in Athens.)
3) The number of persons or number of cabins required?
4) Whether you need a skipper and/or hostess?
Within a few hours, we will let you know the availability of suitable yachts, including all yacht details, prices, etc.
UPON DETERMINING THAT ONE OF OUR OFFERS IS SUITABLE FOR YOUR REQUIREMENTS:
Please get back to us ASAP and ask for the BOOKING of your chosen Yacht.
A Booking will be secured from us on that specific offer and then we will send you the Charter Documents to be signed and be returned to us.
You MUST Deposit 50% of the Yacht Charter price, within 4 days as a down payment for the Charter and to secure the Yacht.
Then you have time to organize your trip arrangements. Please contact us if you need any help with that. We can provide you with many services to help you with your trip and sail.
We provide all information needed such as:
Base information and contacts
Forms of the crew list
You must provide us:
Crew list together with passport numbers
Arrival information (Arrival day, time, flight, airport, etc)
Copies of sailing licenses (if booking a bareboat i.e.: without a professional skipper).
Orders of any optional extras needed.
We will give you a thorough briefing of the yacht, its operation, the equipment, and safety devices onboard. Also information on weather, destinations, what to see and do and answer any questions you may have.
Charters ALWAYS begin at 17:00 on the first day. In case we can deliver the yacht earlier, we will do so, but this cannot be guaranteed. Charters end at 09:00 on the last day of charter.
We require our clients to return to bases the evening before the end of the Charter, sleep on board and depart around 09:00, giving us the time to get the yacht ready for the next charter.
On bareboat and skippered charters we request you to pay a refundable security deposit, (which varies according to the size of the yachts) 2,000 – 4,000 Euros at the time of embarkation.
This can only be paid by credit card. Payment by credit card can be used for the security deposit and for balance payment… NOT for the payment of options rented.
The security deposit is to cover in the unforeseen event any possibility of any minor damages which are not covered by the insurance of the yacht. Upon the safe return of the yacht, it will be returned in full to you.
Alternatively, we offer you the option to pay a non-refundable security deposit. Which is € 200- €300 per week. (Price depend on the Yacht)
On skippered yacht charters, is requested only the Non-Refundable Damage Waiver.
BAREBOAT CHARTERS (i.e. Without hiring a skipper) Please note, our yachts are chartered bareboat, under the condition that at least two members of the crew have a sailing certificate, one sailing certificate is compulsory for sailing in Greece. The skipper’s, plus a signed affidavit from one more crew member, that he has sailing knowledge. (This is Just a formality when you hire a Skipper because the Skipper will give you instructions)
All our yachts are fully insured against damage to hull, gear, and equipment as well as for third-party liability. Please give your attention that yacht’s insurance does not cover your personal belongings and injuries.
Personal Travel Insurance:
With all holidays it is advisable to take out personal travel insurance to cover, canceling or cutting short your holiday, Emergency medical expenses, Travel delay and missed departure, Personal possessions etc. There are many companies/travel agencies that provide this and you may also have a cover with your household policy.
In all our bases, provisioning is not a serious problem, since there are supermarkets inside or close to the marina of departure. If you want to order in advance, fill in our provisioning form and everything will be delivered to you upon your arrival on the yacht. Ask us for our provisions list and do not forget to return your order to us at least ten days before your arrival.
What to Bring with you:
Thanks to our complete inventory and specifications, the only things you have to bring with you are clothes and personal items. Do not forget cotton trousers, lots of t-shirts, swimming apparel, deck shoes, shorts, casual evening wear, large sea towels, your music CDs, a sun-hat, and sunscreen are recommended. At the beginning and at the end of the season light waterproof weather gear is recommended, it may also be necessary. Since storage space in the yachts is rather limited, it is better to carry your clothes in soft-sided bags and not in suitcases.
For optimum organization, it would be appreciated if we could be informed of your arrival time at least 15 days before your departure.
Bookings canceled, more than 60 days before embarkation, 30% of the total charter fee.
Bookings canceled between 59 & 31 days before embarkation, 50% of the total charter fee.
Bookings canceled less than 30 days before embarkation, 100% of the total charter fee.
If the boat is re-chartered for the same period, the cancellation fees will be refunded
You will LOVE the Yachts we represent and our unmatched Skippers and Hostesses…
Don’t settle for second best… Rely on the Professional Specialists at SailTheGreekIslands.com
We have a flawless track record and we guarantee 100% your Satisfaction and your Financial Security…
We look forward to receiving your information and sailing around the Greek islands with you and your crew!!
Best wishes from Greece!
Luxury Yachts Booking Procedures
Present price list issued the 15th of November 2018, replaces any previous Price List and is applicable under COMPANY’S charter conditions.
Optional: Hostess/Cook: 170€ per day
T e r m s & C o n d i t i o n s
Charter rates are in Euro and refer to weekly charter period.
Charter rates include:
Hire of yacht and her equipment (on board entertainment equipment, auxiliary crafts and water toys included) and crew wages. Information on each crewed charter yacht’s facilities and equipment can be found at www.SailTheGreekIslands.com. All Yachts are listed in CYA, Yachtfolio and Charter Index.
Charter rates do not include:
- All crewed yachts are quoted ‘Plus Expenses’ and the specific terms often referred to as “MYBA terms” stipulate that the charter fee includes charter of the yacht and equipment, crew wages and food, ship’s laundry, basic operating consumables, and insurance of the yacht for marine risk, third party claims, and the crew for employer’s liability insurance. Yachts quoted as ‘plus expenses’ means that the Charterer will be charged, at cost, for all other expenses. These expenses include but are not limited to food and beverages for the charter guests, fuel for the yacht and auxiliary craft(s) and water toys, berthing fees, harbor and pilot fees, customs charges, divers’ fees where required, communication charges, VAT, taxes, communications, guest laundry, shore-side electricity and water, onshore transfers and tours and anything else not specifically included in the charter fee.
- APA (Advance Provisioning Allowance): In crewed charters, the Charterer pays upfront an estimated amount for these expenses, this is then forwarded to the Captain who will be responsible for making all payments as necessary, accounting of Charterer’s expenses, advising the latter periodically as to the disbursement of the APA and providing at the end of the charter a breakdown with as many receipts as possible. The amount provided up front for such expenses is called Advance Provisioning Allowance (APA), it is collected with the last payment before the charter and its purpose is to enhance the level of services rendered, by allowing the Charterer to remain un-distracted by day to day expenses. Deductions from APA represent expenses accrued and paid for from APA. Being an estimated allowance, APA is usually calculated at between 20 and 35% of the charter fee depending on the yacht specifics and the charter location. The final, actual expenses accrued may be more or less depending on Charterer’s individual requirements. Should the Charterer spend more than their estimated expense allowance, additional payment will be required during their charter and under all circumstances the Charterer must settle all accounts in cash before disembarking at the end of the charter. Conversely, any unspent APA will be refunded to the Charterer at the end of the charter. Present price list issued the 15th of November 2018, replaces any previous Price List and is applicable under COMPANY’S charter conditions published by SailTheGreekIslands.com.
wwwsailthegreekislands.com Luxury Yachts
- VAT: As stipulated by Greek Law, Value Added Tax is collected by the Owner at the expense of the Charterer. The Charterer shall at all times be liable to pay for the VAT amount applicable by Law at the time the charter is executed. Currently VAT rate applicable on total charter fee is 24% for charters of up to 48 hours duration and 12% for charters of more than 48 hours duration. The VAT rates mentioned herein are the ones applicable by current tax legislation valid to this date and subject to change without prior notice or responsibility on the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner.
- Crew Gratuities: All of our yachts support MYBA tipping policy so Crew gratuities (tips) are at Charterer’s discretion. A gratuity between 5% and 15% of the contracted gross Charter Fee for the entire crew is generally suggested to the Charterer but it should be clear that the Charterer is under no obligation to leave a gratuity and at no time should a gratuity be solicited, either verbally or in written form when the Charterer is settling the final account.
- Some yachts are offered on a Saturday to Saturday schedule during certain periods, please inquire before you offer.
- Some yachts are not offered for any duration that is less than one week. Daily rates for charter periods of less than one week are not calculated on all yachts on a pro rata basis, please inquire before you offer.
- Not all yachts are available at all times for Day trips and special events. Availability and rates for daily charters and special events are to be discussed on a case to case basis.
Embarkation/disembarkation time is not standard for all yachts and periods but may vary from time to time and from yacht to yacht. Please confirm embarkation / disembarkation time offered in response to your inquiry and do not hesitate to discuss with our team any special requirement.
Other travel arrangements:
Airport pickups, inland transfers, helicopter transfers, air charter services, tours, ticketing, hotel accommodation, rent a car, currency exchange are all arrangements not included in the charter price. We will be happy to schedule transportation of your guests to and from the yachts or assist with any other Present price list issued the 15th of November 2018, replaces any previous Price List and is applicable under COMPANY’S charter conditions published by SailTheGreekIslands.com
- All amounts payable must be cleared in Stakeholder’s account in full. For any amounts received short either due to bank expenses, credit card fees or other reason, the resulting difference will be deducted from the APA.
- Any tax applicable by Law on Charterer’s expense (including but not limited to V.A.T.) at the time the charter is executed will be paid by Charterer. Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after the issuance and signing of the Charter Party, resulting in changes in total amount(s) due then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer without any responsibility on the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner regardless of the V.A.T. or other tax being stated or omitted on the Charter Party either as rate or amount, on sole condition that any such change in Tax legislation is proven to have taken place after the issuance of the Charter Party and is applicable during the charter period.
All yachts are insured against:
- Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery and equipment.
- Third party liability.
- Sea pollution liability.
It is highly recommended that the Charterer considers obtaining a Personal Travel Insurance, Cancellation/Curtailment Insurance and Charterer’s Liability Insurance.
Crewed charters are generally paid by wire transfer to Stakeholder’s account in two installments:
- First payment (50%) is payable upon contract signing and necessary to confirm the booking.
- Second payment (50%+VAT+APA) is payable 45-30 days prior to embarkation.
Option (Hold) Placement:
An option (hold) of limited duration can be placed on a crewed yacht only once contract has been requested and under all circumstances no option is valid unless first confirmed in writing by SailTheGreekIslands.com.
No booking is confirmed until all parties have signed the charter contract and first payment has been cleared to the designated bank account of SailTheGreekIslands.com as and within the date stipulated in the charter contract.
As stipulated in Charter Party contract terms.
- Yacht’s specification and equipment may vary from the ones presented on internet and any photos and equipment-list published are not legally or contractually binding. All information is given in good faith and is believed correct but cannot be guaranteed. SailTheGreekIslands.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information and/or images displayed. Information published on the internet or exchanged via e-mail transmission cannot be
Present price list issued the 15th of November 2018, replaces any previous Price List and is applicable under COMPANY’S charter conditions www.SailTheGreekIslands.com
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses and SailTheGreekIslands.com therefore does not accept liability for any such variances, discrepancies or errors.
- The Charterer is responsible to give notice of any complaint in the first instance to the Captain onboard and if this complaint cannot be resolved on board the Vessel then the Charterer shall give notice of the complaint to the Broker and / or Owner within twenty-four hours of the event or occurrence. Any complaint or claim not submitted in writing to SailTheGreekIslands.com by either Charterer or Broker within 24 hours from the date of occurrence will be considered void by all contracting parties.
- All prices, terms and information are subject to change without notice.
- By offering for charter any yacht available through SailTheGreekIslands.com any person or legal entity doing so acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions which unless otherwise specifically and expressly agreed to in writing by SailTheGreekIslands.com shall apply to any and all charters booked through SailTheGreekIslands.com regardless if such acknowledgment has been provided and / or signed in writing by the person or legal entity making the booking.
OUR BANKERS ARE:
NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE
IERA ODOS 310
In the account of:
IBAN GR22 0110 1050 0000 1059 1266 357
SWIFT BIC ETHNGRAA
Viva Wallet money request
You can complete and sign a “Credit Card Authorization Form” from the Charter Company (VISA or MASTER CARD) and email it back to us.